Last week this time I was hugging it up, meeting online friends in person, and taking in the amazing HoneyBook office at the Rising Tide Society Leaders Retreat! When Audrey first asked me to go I was a little hesitant. You see I am not a Tuesdays Together leader which is what the majority of the people who attended this conference were. I am a moderator for the 50k+ Facebook group community, and I was a little nervous that I would be out of place. I am so glad I went.
A few of my favorite memories from the trip:
•Traveling & rooming with Audrey. Me and Audrey met in a Facebook group about 2 yeas ago and traveled to the C@H conference together! She is the amazing leader of our local Tuesdays Together and we have supported each other throughout the past 2 years. It wasn't until going on this trip that we were able to really deepen our relationship! I am so glad she stayed on me to go and I can't wait to continue growing closer.
• Going to the Honeybook office! Seriously can I just move to CA to work there? There isn't anything this office doesn't have! Ice coffee machine, great lighting,sound proof offices, and the coolest swing!
• Getting to hug my friend Natalie Franke. I can barely put into words what this girl means to me. She is amazing, talented, and a leader who isn't afraid to break barriers!
• Getting to FINALLY meet my dear friend, Michelle in person. Michelle and I met in a Facebook group (are you seeing a pattern lol) in late 2015. This lady is the most selfless, motivating, talented person I have ever met. Michelle has poured into my business, pushed me out of my comfort zone, and given me the confidence to run after my dreams.
• Lunching, laughing, diving deep, and hugging friends! I have been friends with these ladies for quite some time now. This retreat definitely brought us closer. We weren't afraid to have those conversations, to laugh, to cry, to build each other up! These ladies are what community is all about.
• The 80s party!! Dressing in ridiculous outfits, dancing the night away, ringing in my birthday while dancing to Whitney Houston!! Does it get any better than that?
I could go on and on about this trip forever. This was the perfect way to start my 2017. I feel refreshed, excited, and ready to go after my dreams while serving others. This retreat taught me that my business is not just about me, that I am more than just a Virginia Wedding Planner, I am a leader, I am a creative, and I am a world shaker!